The Vibrating Erection Ring: A Perfect Couple's Toy
Sure, sex toys can add a little spark to any romantic relationship. But let's face it: most
toys were designed primarily for solo use. Often the only way to involve your partner is to
let him or her watch, or maybe help. But if you want a toy that's truly made for sharing, you'll
definitely want to try a vibrating erection ring. Made to be enjoyed by both parties
simultaneously, vibrating erection rings are the perfect couple's toy!
First, let's talk about what it does for the man. The purpose of an erection ring is to
restrict the flow of blood away from the erect penis and trap the blood in the shaft. This
not only creates a pleasurable feeling of tightness and pressure, but gives him a
firmer erection that will last a longer period of time.
That alone is an asset to both parties, but throw in a vibrating bullet, and you've just
added extra clitoral stimulation for the woman, too, making a win-win situation for everyone
Types of Vibrating Erection Rings
So how do you decide which vibrating erection ring is right for you?
First of all, you'll want to consider the different materials there are to choose from:
- Cyberskin gives you a soft, realistic feel
- Silicone rings are hypo-allergenic and easy to clean.
- Rings made of hard jelly, such as the Berrylicious Ring, transmit vibrations the best.
- Soft jelly rings like the Thriller, are also quite soft and flexible.
Second, you'll want to consider the other features available:
- Do you want continuous, hands-free vibration? Then you might prefer a ring with an internal vibrating bullet, such as the Wireless Wonder.
- If you want a removable bullet that can be used on other body parts, you might want
to consider the Micro Vibe Tiger
or Vibrating Leather Cock Ring.
- For even more staying power, try a double ring, such as
El Toro. Double
rings have two straps: one that goes around the base of the penis and another that goes around
the scrotum. It's two erection rings in one!
There are many excellent choices in multi-speed erection rings, such as the
but if you're looking for something more, like multiple levels of pulsation and vibration,
you might be interested in the rechargeable
You can also choose between pin-point vibrations, such as the Berrylicious Ring, or complete clitoral coverage, as with Techno Lover.
Tips and Usage
To get the most out of your new toy, be sure to keep the following tips in mind:
- You should always use lubrication with any sex toy,
and lube can make intercourse a lot
more pleasurable, too. Since both conditions apply with erection rings, a good lubricant
is especially important. Lube makes the ring easier to put on and take off --
and it makes the sex better, too!
- When using a condom with your erection ring, put the condom on first and then the
ring second. Do not try to wear your condom over the erection ring.
- Because they don't stretch much, hard jelly rings should be put on before you're fully
erect. Many people find they're worth it, though, because the harder materials transmit
vibrations better than soft jelly.
- With soft, flexible materials, you can put on your erection ring either before or
after you're erect, even in cases where the opening looks quite small. These rings
are made to stretch and are meant to fit fairly snugly.
- For more intense vibrations for the woman, try a female-dominant position. This will
allow her to use her own body weight to control how hard the vibrator pushes against
- If the man finds that the ring makes it difficult to ejaculate, he might want to remove
it prior to orgasm.
- If the ring becomes too snug, remove it immediately, and never leave it on for more
than a half-hour at a time.
- In the rare event that your ring becomes difficult to remove, simply apply ice or
cold water to the penis to reduce your erection.
- When removing the ring, take it slow and make sure it doesn't accidentally take some
pubic hairs with it.
Don't let all this information intimidate you; vibrating erection rings are really quite
simple! And considering how much fun they are to share, every couple should have one in
their bedside table.
To see our complete collection of vibrating erection rings and other couple's toys that
vibrate, check out our Lovers'
For more information, check out some of our other resources on this topic:
- Dr. Gardos' advice on erection rings
- All about sex toys for men
- Male sex toy shopping guide